Recruiting Outlook is a new weekly series on Buckeye Sports Bulletin designed to be your one-stop shop for all news related to the Ohio State football recruiting trail.
- Ohio State 2021 five-star running back commit TreVeyon Henderson indicated on Twitter that the Buckeyes have another big commitment in the works, writing “The whole class is working hard on another BOOM.. We got y’all Buckeye Nation!”
- Henderson recently picked up his fifth star in 247Sports’ rankings. The Hopewell, Va., standout is the lone five-star running back for 2021, ranking No. 1 at the position and No. 10 overall.
- Ohio State 2021 four-star running back commit Evan Pryor took to Twitter to make sure it is well known his commitment to the Buckeyes is firm, writing “Ain’t no flipping me.” Henderson responded, “LOCKED IN!!!” indicating that both are intent on becoming Buckeye backs.
- Pryor was moved from a running back to an all-purpose back in 247Sports’ rankings. The Cornelius (N.C.) Williams Amos Hough standout is the nation’s No. 2 all-purpose back and No. 85 overall recruit.
- St. Louis Cardinal Ritter College Prep 2022 wide receiver Luther Burden was ranked the No. 1 wide receiver in his class by recruiting expert Tom Lemming. Burden is 247Sports’ No. 23 overall recruit and No. 3 wide receiver for 2022.
- On June 17, Montgomery (Ala.) Park Crossing four-star defensive end Khurtiss Perry received an offer from Ohio State. He is ranked as the fourth-best strongside defensive end and No. 45 prospect overall in the 2022 class.
- Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna Prep four-star defensive end Kenyatta Jackson listed Ohio State among his top 12 schools. The seventh-best weakside defensive end and No. 79 prospect in the 2022 class listed the Buckeyes, along with Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Miami (Fla.), Nebraska, North Carolina, Oregon, Oklahoma and Penn State.
- Echoing Pryor and Hederson’s statements above 2022 Dayton Archbishop Alter four-star athlete C.J. Hicks tweeted: “My recruitment is shut down forever a Buckeye.”
- Lexington (Ky.) Frederick Douglass four-star offensive guard Jager Burton announced that he’s moving his commitment date back from Aug. 24, to get a chance at taking official visits this fall.
- Clarkston, Mich., four-star offensive tackle Garrett Dellinger committed to LSU over finalists Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State.
- Although he originally planned to announce his college decision on Dec. 1, Virginia Beach (Va.) Princess Anne five-star cornerback Tony Grimes has moved his commitment date to June 30. The top-rated cornerback in the class of 2021 will choose among Georgia, North Carolina, Ohio State and Texas A&M, with the Tar Heels widely expected to secure his pledge.
- 2021 Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei four-star cornerback Jaylin Davies committed to Oregon on Jun. 19 over finalists Arizona State, Ohio State and USC. He began to trend to the Ducks once Scottsdale (Ariz.) Saguaro four-star cornerback Denzel Burke pledged his services to the Buckeyes a few weeks prior.
For four free issues of the now-monthly print edition of Buckeye Sports Bulletin, sign up at the link below. No credit card required: http://www.buckeyesports.com/subscribe-4issue-trial/