Countless Ohio State fans will be visiting Columbus this fall to watch their beloved Buckeyes attempt to march to another national title. To take the worry out of figuring out where to stay while you’re in town, Buckeye Sports Bulletin offers the following suggestions.
• Location is a big factor when deciding where to stay, and the Best Western Hilliard Inn & Suites is conveniently located just seven miles from the stadium, five miles from the Hollywood Casino and just six miles from downtown Columbus, home of the Greater Columbus Convention Center, Ohio Expo Center, COSI and the Arena District. There are a number of dining and shopping options nearby as well, including Lunada Mexican Grill and Dave & Buster’s within walking distance.
Best Western offers newly renovated rooms featuring free Wi-Fi, 43-inch LED televisions, micro-fridge, in-room coffee and sleeper sofas. Start your day off with a free, full hot breakfast. Play or relax after your busy day in the indoor heated pool, or take advantage of the 24-hour business center and exercise facility. Their friendly staff is available 24 hours a day to assist your needs. Call (614) 529-8118 or visit www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.36169.html.
• The Canopy by Hilton Columbus Short North is located just steps away from the Columbus Convention Center in the heart of the Columbus Short North district at 77 E. Nationwide Blvd. Take in amazing views of downtown Columbus while chilling out on the outdoor patio with a fireplace, or head to the Rooftop Bar-Goodale Station for cocktails and local signature dishes. The Canopy features a rooftop state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest in equipment complemented by wonderful city views
Start your day with an artisanal breakfast in Canopy Central or have a Breakfast Bag made with fresh, local ingredients delivered to your room. Relax in beds designed specifically for Canopy in rooms that include 55-inch flat screens, refrigerators, Nespresso machines and free Wi-Fi. The Canopy offers filtered water stations on each floor and offers complimentary Canopy Bikes to explore the neighborhood, which includes the popular North Market. Pets are allowed up to 50 pounds with a $50 deposit, and valet parking is available. Call them today at (614) 223-1400 or visit online at columbusdowntownshortnorth.canopybyhilton.com.
• The newly renovated Embassy Suites Columbus Dublin is located at 5100 Upper Metro Place, just minutes away from Ohio Stadium, off I-270. Each guest room is a spacious two-room suite with separate living and bedroom areas. Enjoy a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi and complimentary evening reception. Visit any one of the 150 restaurants within a five-mile area of the hotel and shop at The Mall at Tuttle Crossing. Call for reservations at (614) 790-9000 or (800) 220-9219.
• Treat yourself to the ideal blend of excellent service, thoughtful amenities and a convenient location at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Dublin. Situated off I-270, the Fairfield Inn provides easy access to top destinations including Ohio Stadium, the Dublin Bridge Park District, shopping and the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium.
Retreat to relaxation in their contemporary rooms, where you’ll find free high-speed Wi-Fi, ergonomic work stations and pillowtop mattresses to keep you comfortable, productive and entertained near Columbus. After a refreshing slumber, stop by their complimentary breakfast buffet and fuel up with a tasty spread of hot and healthy choices. If you’re looking to stay active, break a sweat at the large 24-hour fitness center or enjoy a swim rain or shine in their indoor saltwater pool. Ask about The Fairfield 100 percent guarantee, where they promise you’ll be satisfied or they’ll make it right. Visit www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/cmhdf-fairfield-inn-and-suites-columbus-dublin or call (614) 389-3036.
• The Hampton Inn Columbus-Airport, located at 4280 International Gateway by John Glenn Columbus International Airport, is convenient to just about anywhere in Columbus. It’s just minutes from downtown and offers easy access to campus. Every stay includes free Wi-Fi in each room, a free hot breakfast and complimentary access to the gym/fitness center. Unwind after a long day working or sightseeing with a few laps in the outdoor pool. The Hampton Inn is so confident you’ll love the facilities and service that if you’re not 100 percent satisfied, you’ll get your money back. Call (614) 235-0717 or visit www.columbusairport.hamptoninn.com to find out more.
• Meanwhile, the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown is in the heart of Columbus’ vibrant core at 501 N. High St. Located in the Arena District and just south of the Ohio State campus, the Hampton Inn & Suites is within walking distance of the Short North, and there is no shortage of activities nearby. Guests are greeted by a beautiful rotunda, and amenities include in-room coffeemakers, irons and high-speed Internet, as well as 24-hour coffee service and a hot breakfast.
You’ll love the convenience of the Hampton’s valet parking. And be sure to take advantage of the indoor pool, exercise room, convenience store and business center. To find out more, call (614) 559-2000. Or visit www.columbusdowntownsuites.hamptoninn.com.
• Make the most of your home away from home at the Hampton Inn & Suites Hilliard. Located at 3950 Lyman Drive in Hilliard, just off I-270 and just five miles from OSU, the Hampton Inn & Suites offers free parking and features a variety of suites and rooms that include a refrigerator, coffeemaker and free Wi-Fi. Enjoy a complimentary breakfast buffet and you can also visit the indoor pool and fitness center. Grab your clubs and head to the nearby Wilson Road Golf Course, or shop at The Mall at Tuttle Crossing, just seven minutes away. For more information call (614) 334-1800 or visit online at columbushilliardsuites.hamptoninn.com.
• For convenience and comfort, it’s hard to beat the Hampton Inn & Suites University Area, located at 3160 Olentangy River Road less than a mile from OSU. Unwind in a comfortable guest room or suite equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi, a 40-inch HDTV, a large work space and refrigerator. You can start each day with a free hot breakfast buffet, featuring hearty oatmeal and fresh waffles, or grab a free “Hampton’s On the Run Breakfast Bag.” Energize yourself in the 24-hour fitness center, or take a dip in the indoor pool.
To reserve your room or find out more, visit www.columbusuniversityareasuites.hamptoninn.com or call (614) 268-8700.
• The Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport is located just 10 minutes from shopping, museums and theaters and provides easy access to Interstate 270 and Interstate 670. The hotel is only two minutes’ drive from John Glenn Columbus International Airport and provides a complimentary airport shuttle service. The hotel provides on-site recreation such as swimming and a fitness center, and there’s even more fun nearby. Basketball and tennis courts, a walking trail and a driving range are within a few miles of the hotel. It’s just a short drive to downtown Columbus, where guests will enjoy entertainment, arts and dining, or to OSU for the big game. The Hilton Garden Inn features complimentary Wi-Fi and a 24-hour business center as well as a full-service restaurant on the property providing everything you need to make your stay successful.
The Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport is located at 4265 Sawyer Road near the airport. To find out more, visit www.columbusairport.stayhgi.com or call (614) 231-2869.
• Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Dublin is centrally located in the heart of Dublin just off I-270 with convenient access to Ohio State University and downtown Columbus. Enjoy the nearby Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Historic Downtown Dublin, and shopping and restaurants at The Mall at Tuttle Crossing. Relax in the Garden Grille Restaurant & Bar featuring on-site dining for breakfast and dinner, and enjoy the nightly food and drink specials. The Hilton Garden Inn also offers an indoor pool, fitness center, guest laundry and complimentary Internet.
The Hilton Garden Inn offers rooms that feature refrigerator, microwave, 32-inch HDTV flat-panel TV, adjustable GSS Sleep System beds, Herman Miller desk chair, free high-speed Internet access (wired and wireless), hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Visit www.columbusdublin.gardeninn.com or call 614-766-9900.
• The Hilton Garden Inn: Columbus University Area at 3232 Olentangy River Road between Ackerman and North Broadway in Columbus wants to be your headquarters for OSU football this season. The Hilton Garden Inn offers 158 guest rooms with a host of conveniences to heighten your stay. Enjoy the full-service Garden Grill for breakfast or dinner and room service at night. Relax in the Pavilion Lounge or use the workout facility and heated indoor pool. The Pavilion Pantry convenience mart is open 24 hours, and valet and self-laundry are available.
Guest rooms feature 55-inch HDTV and complimentary high-speed Internet access. All rooms offer microwaves, refrigerators, coffeemakers, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. For reservation information call (614) 263-7200 or visit www.columbusuniversityarea.stayhgi.com.
• Treat yourself to a stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus-Dublin, located at 5300 Parkcenter Ave. in Dublin. Each room in the all-suite hotel features a kitchenette with a full-size refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and two-burner cook top, as well as a sleeper sofa in the living room area. Enjoy the complimentary buffet breakfast, Wi-Fi, outdoor sports court and grills, indoor pool and hot tub, fitness center and coin-operated laundry at the newly renovated hotel.
The Homewood Suites is convenient to Ohio Stadium and is within walking distance of a variety of restaurants and The Mall at Tuttle Crossing. Book in advance and save money through Hilton’s Advance Purchase promotions. Visit www.columbusdublin.homewoodsuites.com for details or call (614) 791-8675.
• Located just a mile from Ohio Stadium, Hyatt House Columbus OSU/Short North offers incomparable comfort in a convenient setting within walking distance of the game. Whether you’re just getting away for the weekend in one of their 152 rooms or enjoying an extended stay in one of 58 suites – complete with living area and fully-equipped kitchen – you’ll love the convenience and comfort of Hyatt House.
Start your day with the complimentary hot breakfast buffet – including waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage and breakfast potatoes – before exploring the nearby sights, such as the Short North arts district, German Village, the Columbus Museum of Art and much more. Hyatt House offers on-site bike rentals to explore the nearby scenic Olentangy Trail. Take a dip in the indoor pool, and be sure to take advantage of their state-of-the art fitness center with Rogue equipment, Peloton bikes and a yoga room.
Unwind at Hyatt House’s outdoor patio complete with firepit, bocce ball and cornhole, or grab a bite to eat and a cocktail at H Bar.
Hyatt House, located at 633 W 5th. Ave., is pet friendly with an onsite dog park and offers complimentary onsite parking as well as discounted room rates for blocks of 10 or more rooms. To make your reservation or find out more, call (614) 298-1299 or visit www.hyatthousecolumbusosushortnorth.com.
• There’s something special about a stay at the Residence Inn Columbus Downtown, located at 36 E. Gay St. in downtown Columbus. Once known as the historic 1927 Buckeye Bank Building, the hotel pays homage to its history through preservation of the original architecture. The lobby features a 44-foot soaring cathedral ceiling, and the original bank vault door in the breakfast area offers a great photo opportunity.
The Residence Inn features apartment-style suites with free Wi-Fi; full kitchens including stove-top, dishwasher, microwave and full-size refrigerator/freezer; and Smart TVs with Netflix, Crackle and YouTube connectivity. Enjoy a free, hot breakfast, or relax in the onsite bar and restaurant, the Buckeye Bourbon House, which serves rare bourbons, craft cocktails, beer, wine and contemporary American fare. The Bourbon House features $5 Bloody Marys and mimosas on Saturdays from 12 p.m.-3 p.m. and Happy Hour Monday-Friday from 4-7 p.m. Find out more at www.residenceinncolumbusdowntown.com or call (614) 222-2610
• Experience contemporary suites at the newly renovated SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, perfectly situated between King Avenue and Fifth Avenue at 1421 Olentangy River Road (former spot of the Buckeye Hall of Fame Café). Ohio State University and the OSU Medical Center are just one mile and a few minutes away, and Ohio Stadium is a short walk from the hotel. All the excitement of the Short North and downtown Columbus are minutes away as well.
The 136 suites offer separate areas for sleeping in airy beds and living areas with a new West Elm sleeper sofa with a twin trundle bed, work desk, ergonomic work chair, mini refrigerator and microwave, and the suite also features a 37-inch flat-screen TV with full cable. Free, hot buffet breakfast is included, and the hotel has a full bar open from 5 p.m.-11 p.m., all days but Sunday.
Call for reservations at (614) 297-9912 or visit www.SpringHillSuitesOSU.com.