Recruiting Outlook is a new weekly series on Buckeye Sports Bulletin designed to be your one-stop shop for all news related to the Ohio State football recruiting trail.
- Ohio State 2021 five-star running back commit TreVeyon Henderson posted on Twitter that he will stay at Hopewell (Va.) High School instead of transferring following the state’s cancellation of fall sports: “After long consideration I have decided that it would be best that I continue to train and prepare for early enrollment to The Ohio State University,” Henderson wrote. “Thus, I will NOT be transferring to any other high school. This should clear up any questions that anyone may have!”
- Del Valle, Texas, wide receiver Caleb Burton received offers from Clemson and Oregon. He is the No. 1 wide receiver and No. 11 overall prospect for 2022.
- Chicago St. Rita wide receiver Kaleb Brown picked up an offer from Kentucky. He is the No. 6 wideout and No. 38 overall recruit for 2022, and Michigan is the favorite to land him.
- Portland (Ore.) Westview wide receiver Darrius Clemons received an offer from Stanford. Oregon’s No. 1 recruit ranks No. 158 overall nationally and No. 19 at wide receiver in the class of 2022.
- 2022 Kingsland (Ga.) Camden County four-star running back Jamie Felix accepted an invite for the Prep Baseball Report Future Games to showcase his dynamic skillset on the diamond.
- Blue Valley (KS.) North 2022 four-star linebacker Dasan McCullough committed to the Under Armor All-American Game. McCullough is ranked as the No. 70 player and No. 8 athlete.
- The 2022 247Sports composite rankings have been released. Ohio State’s three commitments all check in within the top 200, with Lakota (OH) West cornerback Jyaire Brown at No. 111, Archbishop (OH) Alter linebacker C.J. Hicks at No. 118 and Lakota West offensive tackle Tegra Tshabola at No. 144.
- Brown landed a scholarship offer from Michigan on July 21, to which a number of fellow Buckeyes voiced their displeasure.
- 2021 Fairfax, Va., Robinson Secondary five-star offensive tackle Tristan Leigh is releasing his final-five schools list on July 23 at 5 p.m.
- 2021 Richfield, Ohio, Revere four-star offensive tackle commit Ben Christman is headed to the Under Armor All-American Game.
- On July 19, just five days after he decommitted from Clemson, 2021 Suwanee (Ga.) North Gwinnett four-star cornerback Jordan Hancock pledged his services to Ohio State.
For four free issues of the now-monthly print edition of Buckeye Sports Bulletin, sign up at the link below. No credit card required: http://www.buckeyesports.com/subscribe-4issue-trial/