Recruiting Outlook is a new weekly series on Buckeye Sports Bulletin designed to be your one-stop shop for all news related to the Ohio State football recruiting trail.
- Ohio State 2021 wide receiver commit Jayden Ballard accepted an invitation to play in the All-American Bowl. He is the nation’s No. 11 wide receiver and hails from Massillon (Ohio) Washington.
- Columbus (Ga.) Hardaway four-star defensive end Mykel Williams received an offer from Ohio State on May 28. He is ranked as the eight-best strongside defensive end and No. 77 prospect overall in the 2022 class.
- Ohio State also sent an offer to Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna Prep four-star defensive end Kenyatta Jackson on May 29. He is ranked as the seventh-best weakside defensive end and No. 79 prospect overall for 2022.
- Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy four-star defensive end and Ohio State commit Tunmise Adeleye has been very vocal on Twitter about the current protests going on surrounding the issue of police brutality and the death of George Floyd. “Black people have been marching kneeling protesting and singing kumbaya for far too long when we protest it’s always ‘that’s not the right way to go about it’ what’s the right way? Huh you tell me since you have the answers how can I insure that the child I bring into this world,” Adeleye wrote in one of multiple tweets on the subject.
- Virginia Beach (Va.) Princess Anne five-star cornerback Tony Grimes revealed his final four schools on May 31, listing Ohio State alongside Georgia, North Carolina and Texas A&M.
- Ohio State offered a scholarship on June 2 to Mauldin, S.C., four-star cornerback Jeadyn Lukus, who is considered the 11th-best player at his position and the No. 82 prospect overall in the class of 2022.
- Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei four-star cornerback Jaylin Davies announced on Twitter on June 3 he will make his college decision on June 19. He’ll choose among Arizona State, Ohio State, Oregon and USC.
- Ohio State offered scholarships to three 2022 tight ends on June 2: Pilot Mountain, N.C., three-star Benji Gosnell; Atlanta, Ga. unranked prospect Holden Staes; and Acworth, Ga., unranked prospect Bennett Christian. Gosnell is ranked No. 218 overall, No. 5 at tight end and No. 4 in North Carolina by 247Sports.
For four free issues of the now-monthly print edition of Buckeye Sports Bulletin, sign up at the link below. No credit card required: http://www.buckeyesports.com/subscribe-4issue-trial/