Recruiting Outlook is a weekly series on Buckeye Sports Bulletin designed to be your one-stop shop for all news related to the Ohio State football recruiting trail. Stay tuned to www.BuckeyeSports.com, as we’ll have constant updates and breaking news with the Early Signing Period beginning on Dec. 15.
- Ohio State will soon have a verdict on Greenwood (Ind.) Center Grove four-star defensive tackle Caden Curry, who will announce his decision on Dec. 14 at 3:30 p.m., live on CBS Sports HQ. Curry received a 247Sports crystal ball prediction to the Buckeyes from 247Sports Director of Football Recruiting Steve Wiltfong on Dec. 9. He’s ranked as the No. 88 recruit in 2022 and the No. 14 overall defensive lineman.
- The Buckeyes received a late boost for the class of 2022, as Pickerington (Ohio) Central five-star safety/linebacker Sonny Styles is reclassifying and forgoing his senior year of high school to join Ohio State a year early.
- Ohio State lost a battle with Iowa for Southeast Polk (Iowa) four-star safety Xavier Nwankpa, who committed to the Hawkeyes on Dec. 8.
- The Buckeyes are reportedly no longer in the running for LSU transfer cornerback Eli Ricks. According to reports, Ohio State was thought to be the leader for Rick’s transfer destination, but Ohio State was concerned about current cornerbacks on the roster transferring if Ricks were to be brought in.
- According to a report from 247Sports, Ohio State four-star cornerback commit Terrance Brooks, out of Little Elm, Texas, welcomed in Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian for an in-home visit on Thursday. The report indicates that a source near Brooks believes the Longhorns have a 50/50 chance of flipping Brooks. He’s rated as the No. 59 overall prospect in 2022 and the No. 8 cornerback.
- Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy wide receiver Carnell Tate, an Ohio State target in 2023, earned his fifth star from the 247Sports composite rating. He’s now the sixth wide receiver in 2023 with a five-star ranking.
- Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy four-star defensive end Jihaad Campbell announced Thursday that he’s decommiting from Clemson. Campbell committed to the Tigers back in June, but Ohio State was on his top eight alongside Florida, Georgia, Oklahoma, Penn State, Rutgers and Texas A&M.
- Duncanville (Texas) four-star defensive end Omari Abor received a pair of crystal ball predictions from Bucknuts’ Bill Kurelic and Horns247’s Mike Roach, both on Dec. 10. Wiltfong has had a prediction in for Abor to Ohio State since Oct. 31. He’s ranked as the No. 38 overall prospect in 2022 and the No. 4 defensive end.
- Chandler (Ariz.) four-star defensive lineman A’Mauri Washington received a crystal ball prediction to the Buckeyes from Kurelic on Dec. 9. He’s ranked as the No. 138 overall prospect and No. 20 defensive lineman in 2023.
- Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy five-star cornerback Daylen Everette decommitted from Clemson on Dec. 10. Everette’s initial top five before committing to the Tigers was Clemson, Florida State, Georgia, North Carolina and Oregon.
- Ohio State issued offers to athlete Robert Stafford, defensive end Neeo Avery and linebacker Smaje Burrell, all in 2023.
- Ohio State commits Kenyatta Jackson and Gabe Powers earn Gatorade Player of the Year honors in Florida and Ohio, respectively.
For four free issues of the now-monthly print edition of Buckeye Sports Bulletin, sign up at the link below. No credit card required: http://www.buckeyesports.com/subscribe-4issue-trial/.