Recruiting Outlook is a weekly series on Buckeye Sports Bulletin designed to be your one-stop shop for all news related to the Ohio State football recruiting trail.
- Ohio State sent out its official offers to the 2021 class, many of which were shared on social media by the Buckeyes’ 19 commits in the nation’s top-ranked class.
- Gardena (Calif.) Junipero Sierra 2022 five-star pro-style quarterback Maalik Murphy received offers from Oregon State and Prairie View A&M. The Ohio State target is the No. 2 pro-style quarterback and No. 31 overall prospect.
- Evan Pryor, a four-star running back commit for 2021, continued his activity as a recruiter, reaching out to four-star athlete Dasan McCullough and directly telling him to come to Ohio State by writing, “Slide” in response to McCullough tweeting “What if” with eye emojis in response to 2022 Buckeye linebacker commit C.J. Hicks hinting at another 2022 commitment.
- Houston (Texas) Klein Cain 2022 four-star running back Jaydon Blue picked up an offer from Florida. Blue is the No. 4 running back and No. 61 overall recruit for 2022.
- Fort Worth (Texas) 2022 Nolan Catholic four-star athlete Emeka Megwa was re-offered by Arkansas. The 6-foot, 200-pound running back is rated as the No. 12 athlete and No. 227 overall prospect for 2022.
- Denison, Texas, 2022 four-star running back Jadarian Price picked up an offer from Utah. Price is the No. 20 running back and the No. 193 overall recruit in his class.
- Reading (Pa.) Governor Mifflin four-star running back Nicholas Singleton received an offer from Florida. Singleton is the No. 10 running back and No. 119 overall prospect in his class, as well as the third-ranked recruit from Pennsylvania.
- West Bloomfield, Mich., 2022 four-star running back Dillon Tatum received an offer from USC. Tatum is the No. 24 running back and No. 230 overall recruit, as well as Michigan’s No. 4 prospect.
- Ohio State offered Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian Academy athlete Treyaun Webb, a 2023 prospect that has been committed to Georgia since Nov. 29.
- Chicago St. Rita 2022 four-star wide receiver Kaleb Brown picked up his second crystal ball prediction to Michigan. Brown is the No. 6 wide receiver and No. 38 overall recruit, as well as Michigan’s No. 1 prospect for 2022.
- Lewisville, Texas, 2022 four-star wide receiver Armani Winfield received his second crystal ball prediction to Oklahoma. Winfield is the No. 11 wideout and No. 76 overall prospect in his class.
- Ohio State pledge and Cherokee Trail (Co.) High School 2021 three-star tight end Sam Hart will not be participating in the spring Colorado high school football season, so that he can enroll early at Ohio State.
- Acworth, GA., 2022 three-star tight end Bennett Christian included Ohio State in his top three, along with Penn State and Tennessee.
- Clarkston, MI., 2021 four-star offensive tackle Rocco Spindler is announcing his commitment on Aug. 8. Ohio State is in his final five, along with LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame and Penn State. His 247Sports Crystal Ball has Notre Dame favored slightly over Michigan.
- Marysville, Ohio four-star linebacker Gabe Powers committed to Ohio State on Aug. 1, giving the Buckeyes four commitments in the 2022 class. Powers is ranked as the top recruit in Ohio, the No. 2 outside linebacker and No. 46 player overall in the class.
- Leawood (Kan.) Blue Valley North four-star athlete Dasan McCullough picked up a pair of crystal ball predictions in favor of Ohio State this week, one from 247Sports director of football recruiting Steve Wiltfong on July 30, and another from national recruiting analyst Allen Trieu on Aug. 5. McCullough is ranked as the No. 70 overall prospect in 2022.
- Suwanee (Ga.) North Gwinnett four-star corner Jordan Hancock, an Ohio State commit, announced on Aug. 3 that he would be sitting out of his senior season of high school football due to concerns with COVID-19 and his parents, who both have underlying health conditions.
- Williamstown, N.J., 2022 five-star athlete Keon Sabb received an offer from Ohio State. Sabb is the No. 1 athlete and No. 8 overall recruit and projects as a defensive back, likely at Bullet.
For four free issues of the print edition of Buckeye Sports Bulletin, no card required, sign up at the link here: http://www.buckeyesports.com/subscribe-4issue-trial/