Recruiting Outlook is a new weekly series on Buckeye Sports Bulletin designed to be your one-stop shop for all news related to the Ohio State football recruiting trail.
- A Virginia Tech fan told Ohio State 2021 running back commit TreVeyon Henderson he should have chosen the Hokies and became the program’s first Heisman Trophy winner. Henderson responded, “I can be an every-down back at The Ohio State University. I can win Heisman. I will get enough carries. Landing top running backs every year doesn’t phase me, I’m a very big competitor.. #StrongMinded”
- Ohio State 2021 four-star running back commit Evan Pryor, who has been one of the Buckeyes’ most active recruiters, indicated that they are not done bringing in elite prospects, following the commitment of Denzel Burke.
- Kingsland (Ga.) Camden County four-star running back Jamie Felix posted to Twitter that he was invited to the Elite Underclassmen Showcase on June 20th.
- Littleton (Colo.) Valor Christian 2022 four-star running back Gavin Sawchuk accepted an invitation to play in the 2022 All-American Bowl. Sawchuk also added an offer from Florida to his impressive list.
- Houston (Texas) Klein Cain 2022 four-star running back Jaydon Blue received offers from Georgia Tech and Maryland.
- Ohio State offered 2022 Chicago St. Rita four-star wide receiver Kaleb Brown, who posted the news to his Twitter account. Brown is the nation’s No. 35 overall recruit and fifth-ranked receiver, per 247Sports.
- Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei four-star wide receiver C.J. Williams picked up offers from Wisconsin, Virginia Tech, Purdue, NC State and Minnesota.
- Dickinson, Texas, 2022 four-star tight end Donovan Green received offers from Oregon and Florida State. Green is the No. 112 overall prospect and the No. 1 tight end in the nation.
- 2021 Clarkston, Mich, four-star offensive guard Rocco Spindler included Ohio State in his final five on May 22, alongside LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame and Penn State. Rated as the No. 44 player in the 247Sports composite, Spindler’s 247Sports Crystal Ball currently reads as a 50/50 tie between Michigan and Notre Dame, though the latter has an average confidence of seven, to the former’s average of four.
- Hilliard (Ohio) Bradley four-star tight end Jack Pugh committed to Wisconsin on May 25. Pugh had interest from Ohio State but ultimately, the Buckeyes decided to take Colorado three-star Sam Hart and pursue Tennessee four-star Hudson Wolfe, declining to offer Pugh.
- Ohio State extended a scholarship offer on May 27 to Baltimore (Mary.) St. Frances Academy four-star defensive end Derrick Moore. He is considered the fifth-best strong-side defensive end and No. 46 prospect overall in the class of 2022.
- On May 21, Ohio State offered 2022 Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy four-star defensive tackle Dominick James. He is currently listed as the eighth-best defensive tackle and No. 169 prospect overall in his class.
- Scottsdale (Ariz.) Saguaro four-star defensive back Denzel Burke committed to Ohio State on May 24 over finalists Colorado, Oregon, USC and Washington.
- Ohio State extended an offer to Snellville (Ga.) Brookwood four-star cornerback Marquis Groves-Killebrew on May 27. He is considered the 10th-best cornerback and No. 64 prospect overall in the class of 2022.
For four free issues of the now-monthly print edition of Buckeye Sports Bulletin, sign up at the link below. No credit card required: http://www.buckeyesports.com/subscribe-4issue-trial/