Recruiting Outlook is a new weekly series on Buckeye Sports Bulletin designed to be your one-stop shop for all news related to the Ohio State football recruiting trail.
- 2022 Gardena (Calif.) Junipero Sierra five-star pro-style quarterback Maalik Murphy tweeted at Ohio State linebacker commit C.J. Hicks after Hicks posted about the Buckeyes potentially having the No. 1 recruiting class on Rivals for back-to-back years. Murphy responded, “You guys got room for more?” Murphy is the No. 2 pro-style quarterback and No. 28 overall prospect in the country.
- 2023 Los Alamitos, Calif., pro-style quarterback Malachi Nelson received an offer from NC State. Nelson is rated as the No. 2 pro-style quarterback and No. 6 overall recruit nationally by 247Sports
- 2022 Denison, Texas, four-star running back Jadarian Price picked up an offer from Houston. Price is the No. 20 running back and the No. 192 overall recruit in his class.
- 2022 Reading (Pa.) Governor Mifflin four-star Nicholas Singleton received an offer from Texas A&M. Singleton is the No. 7 running back and No. 108 overall prospect in his class, as well as the third-ranked recruit from Pennsylvania.
- 2022 Lewisville, Texas, four-star wide receiver Armani Winfield earned an offer from Mississippi State. Winfield is rated as the No. 12 wide receiver and No. 73 overall recruit nationally.
- 2021 Lititz, Pa., five-star offensive tackle Nolan Rucci announced his commitment to Wisconsin over Clemson, Michigan, Notre Dame and Penn State. Ohio State had interest but wasn’t in the running down the final stretch.
- Ohio State extended an offer to 2021 Floyds Knobs In., three-star offensive tackle Zen Michalski. Michalski has been committed to Louisville since April 25, and is considered the No. 687 player in the 247Sports composite rankings.
- 2022 Denton (Texas) Ryan four-star defensive tackle Bear Alexander picked up an offer from Tennessee. Alexander is the No. 10 defensive tackle and No. 149 overall prospect in the country.
- 2022 Columbus, Ga., Hardaway defensive tackle Mykel Williams received an offer from Texas A&M. Williams is the No. 5 defensive tackle and No. 48 overall recruit nationally. Williams also posted an Ohio State graphic on Twitter during the week, tagging defensive line coach Larry Johnson.
- 2023 Findlay, Ohio, defensive end Luke Montgomery received an offer from Toledo.
- Ohio State extended an offer to 2022 Altoona (Iowa) Southeast Polk four-star safety Xavier Nwankpa on Sept. 7.
- Danvers (Mass.) St. John’s Prep 2023 athlete Joenel Aguero received an offer from Kentucky. He is rated as the No. 9 athlete and No. 43 overall prospect in the country by 247Sports.
- Ohio State officially signed Fremantle, Western Australia, three-star punter Jesse Mirco on Sept. 5. While high school seniors have to wait until at least the Early Signing Period (Dec. 16-18) to fax in their letters of intent, the 23-year-old is not subject to the rules thanks to his age.
For four free issues of the print edition of Buckeye Sports Bulletin, no card required, sign up at the link here: http://www.buckeyesports.com/subscribe-4issue-trial/