Several members of Ohio State’s top-rated 2021 recruiting class received a bump in the latest 247Sports rankings, with Streetsboro (Ohio) four-star defensive tackle Michael Hall making the biggest jump of any pledge from No. 121 to No. 59 overall.
Today's update to the Top247 rankings for the class of 2021 go HEAVY on the defensive side of the ball.
The skinny from @bartonsimmonshttps://t.co/wlevfEaTdP pic.twitter.com/KADBU9xb5x
— 247Sports (@247Sports) May 20, 2020
Hall, who committed to the Buckeyes in early February, is one of 14 Ohio State pledges ranked among the Top247 prospects for the class of 2021. Of those players, seven saw their stock rise while seven saw a slight drop in the 247Sports rankings, which are the recruiting services’ individual rankings and should not be confused with the composite rankings that also include input ESPN and Rivals.
Here’s how the future Buckeyes fared in 247Sports’ latest batch of rankings:
- Pickerington (Ohio) North five-star defensive end Jack Sawyer – No. 5 (-1)
- Bellaire (Texas) Episcopal five-star offensive guards – No. 11 (-1)
- Hopewell, Va., five-star running back TreVeyon Henderson – No. 13 (-1)
- Ironton, Ohio, four-star linebacker Reid Carrico – No. 49 (+2)
- Philadelphia St. Joseph’s Prep four-star quarterback Kyle McCord – No. 54 (+3)
- Streetsboro (Ohio) four-star defensive tackle Michael Hall – No. 52 (+62)
- St. Louis De Smet Jesuit four-star cornerback Jakailin Johnson – No. 64 (+17)
- Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy four-star defensive end Tunmise Adeleye – No. 80 (+3)
- Philadelphia St. Joseph’s Prep four-star wide receiver Marvin Harrison – No. 96 (-2)
- Cornelius (N.C.) William Amos Hough four-star running back Evan Pryor – No. 100 (-3)
- Massillon (Ohio) Washington four-star wide receiver Jayden Ballard – No. 108 (+1)
- Bowling Green (Ky.) South Warren four-star safety Jantzen Dunn – No. 140 (+6)
- Richfield (Ohio) Revere four-star offensive tackle Ben Christman – No. 173 (-5)
- Nashville Ensworth four-star safety Andre Turrentine – No. 177 (-4)
Four Ohio State commits did not make the list, including Cincinnati La Salle four-star cornerback Devonta Smith; Cincinnati La Salle three-star safety Jaylen Johnson; Aurora (Colo.) Cherokee Trail three-star tight end Sam Hart; and Fremantle, Western Australia, unranked punter Jesse Mirco.
The rankings had no real impact on the composite rankings, as the Buckeyes still have four five-star commitments in Sawyer (No. 3 overall), Henderson (No. 19), Jackson (No. 21) and McCord (No. 26). Adeleye is on the verge of joining them, as well, checking in at No. 30 overall as the highest-rated four-star prospect in the country.
For four free issues of the now-monthly print edition of Buckeye Sports Bulletin, sign up at the link below. No credit card required: http://www.buckeyesports.com/subscribe-4issue-trial/