Ohio State will make the findings of the investigation involving head football coach Urban Meyer available to the public, according to a report from Dan Murphy of ESPN on Tuesday. Any public records used for the investigation will be disseminated as well.
Ohio State’s board of trustees is scheduled to meet Wednesday at 9 a.m. to discuss the findings of the investigation into how Meyer handled knowledge of domestic abuse allegations against former Ohio State wide receivers coach and recruiting coordinator Zach Smith. President Michael Drake will ultimately make a decision regarding Meyer’s future. The Columbus Dispatch reported on Monday that a suspension, or a “time served” suspension, was the likely recommendation for Meyer’s punishment.
Meyer was placed on paid administrative leave on Aug. 1 shortly after a report surfaced stating that his wife, Shelley, knew of domestic abuse allegations Courtney Smith, Zach Smith’s ex-wife, filed against the former OSU assistant in 2015. Meyer fired Zach Smith on July 23 after a history of abuse allegations came to light in a report from national college football writer Brett McMurphy. The next day at Big Ten Media Days in Chicago, Meyer said he had no knowledge of the 2015 incident. On Aug. 3, Meyer retracted that comment in a statement he released on Twitter, noting that he passed the information he had through proper channels in 2015.
According to a Tuesday report from the Dispatch, Meyer and Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith met with the investigative team multiple times during the probe, which lasted more than two weeks and concluded on Sunday. Courtney Smith and Zach Smith also were interviewed.
The findings from those meetings and other information discovered during the investigation will be publicized via a written report, per ESPN.
MORE ON THE STORY
- REPORT: Meyer, AD Smith Met With Investigators Multiple Times
- Ohio State Sets Meeting To Discuss Urban Meyer Situation
- What’s Next For Ohio State After Investigation?
- Investigation To Be Completed Sunday
- Ohio State President Michael Drake Comments On Meyer Investigation
- How Will Investigation End For Head Football Coach Urban Meyer, Ohio State?
- Zach Smith Meets With Ohio State Investigators
- OSU Investigative Team Meets With Courtney Smith
- REPORT: Zach Smith Arrested In 2013 For OVI
- Recent Revelations Won’t Impact Meyer’s Status
- Conflicting Reports From Snook, McMurphy Complicate Latest Smith Findings
- Reviewing The Zach Smith/Urban Meyer Situation
- Breaking Down Potential Resolutions To Meyer Investigation
- Lynn Bruce Says Courtney Smith Vowed To ‘Take Urban Meyer Down’ With Zach Smith
- Tennessee Jeff, Ezekiel Elliott’s Father Headline Urban Meyer Supporters At Ohio State Rally
- Courtney Smith’s Attorney Comments On Investigation, Says Ohio State ‘Never Contacted’ Her Client
- Meyer Investigation To Be Completed Within 14 Days
- Former OSU WR Coach Zach Smith Says AD Gene Smith Knew Of Allegations
- Meyer releases statement, explains actions
- Zach Smith CPO Hearing Postponed To September
- Meyer Placed On Paid Administrative Leave
- REPORT: Meyer’s Wife Knew Of 2015 Allegations Against Smith
- Ohio State Fires Zach Smith