Ohio State on Thursday afternoon announced kickoff times for six games during the 2019 season, including the season opener against Florida Atlantic and the regular-season finale against archrival Michigan.
FOX announced earlier this month its plans to air the biggest game of the week at noon rather than a primetime or late-afternoon slot, which is welcomed news for the Buckeyes, who have seemingly been forced to play every conference road game over the last few seasons at night.
As you’ll see, the first three games of the 2019 season — home against Florida Atlantic and Cincinnati and on the road at Indiana — will begin at noon.
Ohio State is scheduled to play a pair of night games in October, however, with the homecoming contest at Michigan State scheduled for 7:30 and the Friday night tilt at Northwestern set for 8:30 p.m.
The Game against Michigan, meanwhile, remains in its traditional noon time slot.
Here’s a look at Ohio State’s announced kickoff times, with kickoff times for the Buckeyes’ other six regular-season games set to be announced within 12 days of each contest:
- Aug. 31 – FAU: Noon, FOX
- Sept. 7 – Cincinnati: Noon, ABC
- Sept. 14 – at Indiana: Noon, FOX
- Oct. 5 – Michigan State: 7:30 p.m., ABC/ESPN
- Oct. 18 – at Northwestern: 8:30 p.m., FS1
- Nov. 30 – at Michigan: Noon, FOX
The Buckeyes also announced on Thursday the themes for each of their seven home games. They are as follows:
- Aug. 31 – FAU: Faculty and Staff and Alumni Band game
- Sept. 7 – Cincinnati: Hall of Fame game
- Sept. 21 – Miami: Scarlet and Gray and Buckeyes Care game
- Oct. 5 – Michigan State: Homecoming game
- Oct. 26 – Wisconsin: Buckeye Club game
- Nov. 9 – Maryland: Military Appreciation Game
- Nov. 23 – Penn State: Senior Day