The Ohio State football team opened fall camp back on Aug. 3 under the direction of acting head coach Ryan Day, but the proceedings have been largely closed off to the media since then.
On Friday afternoon, though, Day provided an extensive update on the first two weeks of camp through a lengthy note posted on his Twitter account.
Day is serving as the acting head coach in place of Urban Meyer, who is on paid administrative leave amid a university investigation regarding his handling of domestic abuse allegations against a former assistant coach. (More on that story can be found in the links below.)
Day’s statement focused on football and the 2018 Buckeyes. He did not mention the investigation or Meyer.
“You will be proud to know that our players and coaching staff have attacked each day and forged together as a team,” Day said. “Our program starts and ends with our players, and the leaders of this team are incredibly focused and determined to maximize our talents to be the best team possible when we line up on Sept. 1.”
Day’s full statement can be found in the tweet below, and more updates will be posted to BuckeyeSports.com this afternoon.
— Ryan Day (@ryandaytime) August 17, 2018
The Buckeyes are set to open their season against Oregon State at Ohio Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for noon and the game will be broadcast on ABC.
Day broke down the team position-by-position, and also took time to mention the players who have had their black helmet stripes removed this fall.
MORE ON THE STORY
- Ohio State President Michael Drake Comments On Meyer Investigation
- How Will Investigation End For Head Football Coach Urban Meyer, Ohio State?
- Zach Smith Meets With Ohio State Investigators
- OSU Investigative Team Meets With Courtney Smith
- REPORT: Zach Smith Arrested In 2013 For OVI
- Recent Revelations Won’t Impact Meyer’s Status
- Conflicting Reports From Snook, McMurphy Complicate Latest Smith Findings
- Reviewing The Zach Smith/Urban Meyer Situation
- Breaking Down Potential Resolutions To Meyer Investigation
- Lynn Bruce Says Courtney Smith Vowed To ‘Take Urban Meyer Down’ With Zach Smith
- Tennessee Jeff, Ezekiel Elliott’s Father Headline Urban Meyer Supporters At Ohio State Rally
- Courtney Smith’s Attorney Comments On Investigation, Says Ohio State ‘Never Contacted’ Her Client
- Meyer Investigation To Be Completed Within 14 Days
- Former OSU WR Coach Zach Smith Says AD Gene Smith Knew Of Allegations
- Meyer releases statement, explains actions
- Zach Smith CPO Hearing Postponed To September
- Meyer Placed On Paid Administrative Leave
- REPORT: Meyer’s Wife Knew Of 2015 Allegations Against Smith
- Ohio State Fires Zach Smith