With Ohio State’s Wednesday board of trustees meeting regarding head football coach Urban Meyer nearing the 11-hour mark, no new updates had been provided by the university.
The meeting, which is in regard to the results of an investigation related to Meyer’s handling of past domestic abuse allegations against a former assistant coach, began at 9 a.m. at the Longaberger Alumni House in Columbus.
While there was some movement throughout the day – Meyer, his wife Shelley Meyer, and athletic director Gene Smith all arrived at different times after the meeting began – no firm word on a timeline for a decision was given. At one point, two individuals appeared outside to turn around Urban and Shelley Meyer’s cars so that they were facing out, but neither has left the building since they first arrived.
A large group of media members, joined by about 50 fans, has waited at the Longaberger Alumni House throughout the day.
The Ohio State football team practice under the direction of acting head coach Ryan Day this afternoon. The season is set to kick off on Sept. 1 at Ohio Stadium against Oregon State, with the game set for noon on ABC.
Any further updates will be posted at BuckeyeSports.com.
MORE ON THE STORY
- Board Of Trustees Enters Executive Session To Discuss Investigation
- REPORT: OSU Will Publicize Findings Of Investigation
- REPORT: Meyer, AD Smith Met With Investigators Multiple Times
- Ohio State Sets Meeting To Discuss Urban Meyer Situation
- What’s Next For Ohio State After Investigation?
- Investigation To Be Completed Sunday
- Ohio State President Michael Drake Comments On Meyer Investigation
- How Will Investigation End For Head Football Coach Urban Meyer, Ohio State?
- Zach Smith Meets With Ohio State Investigators
- OSU Investigative Team Meets With Courtney Smith
- REPORT: Zach Smith Arrested In 2013 For OVI
- Recent Revelations Won’t Impact Meyer’s Status
- Conflicting Reports From Snook, McMurphy Complicate Latest Smith Findings
- Reviewing The Zach Smith/Urban Meyer Situation
- Breaking Down Potential Resolutions To Meyer Investigation
- Lynn Bruce Says Courtney Smith Vowed To ‘Take Urban Meyer Down’ With Zach Smith
- Tennessee Jeff, Ezekiel Elliott’s Father Headline Urban Meyer Supporters At Ohio State Rally
- Courtney Smith’s Attorney Comments On Investigation, Says Ohio State ‘Never Contacted’ Her Client
- Meyer Investigation To Be Completed Within 14 Days
- Former OSU WR Coach Zach Smith Says AD Gene Smith Knew Of Allegations
- Meyer releases statement, explains actions
- Zach Smith CPO Hearing Postponed To September
- Meyer Placed On Paid Administrative Leave
- REPORT: Meyer’s Wife Knew Of 2015 Allegations Against Smith
- Ohio State Fires Zach Smith