Ohio State head coach Ryan Day addressed the media two days away from the Buckeyes’ matchup with Michigan State.
- Michigan State O-line will present the biggest challenge yet.
- Drue Chrisman and the special teams units want to be the best in the country. They are very focused and work hard on a regular basis.
- When Master Teague started practicing and then took the next step in practice, the staff gained confidence in him. He popped against Indiana and has been rolling since.
- Teague’s goal line carries came within the game flow. Day doesn’t want to sub out players in those situations, wanting everybody to be able to “roll.”
- No preference, just roll. It’s hard, whether it’s tight ends, receivers, tailbacks, etc., we want everybody to be able to roll in.
- Nebraska lineman suspended: We call in plays on a weekly basis. We support Big Ten’s decision to suspend him.
- Chemistry of the coaching staff is important. Chemistry between coaches translates to chemistry between players. Love and respect between players and coaches is essential.
- Couldn’t get a good feel for Justin Fields’ mental aptitude until the Buckeyes started playing the games.