Recruiting Outlook: Wide Receiver Troy Stellato Commits To Clemson, While Decision Looms For Cornerback Jaylin Davies
Recruiting Outlook is a new weekly series on Buckeye Sports Bulletin designed to be your one-stop shop for all news related to the Ohio State football recruiting trail.
- Ohio State 2021 four-star wide receiver target Troy Stellato commits to Clemson over the Buckeyes.
- Ohio State 2021 five-star running back commit TreVeyon Henderson responded to Michigan commit Tristan Bounds’ comments about wanting to kick the s*** out of Ohio State. The nation’s No. 1 running back also retweeted 2021 Ohio State quarterback commit Kyle McCord’s response, which said, “Should not have said that.”
- Ohio State 2021 five-star wide receiver target Emeka Egbuka took part in a roundtable discussion at the Tacoma News Tribune about his experiences growing up black in the South Sound and his thoughts on current events.
- In an article by 247Sports Wednesday, Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic four-star defensive tackle Tywone Malone was compared to former NFL defensive lineman Bruce Smith, the No. 1 pick in the 1985 NFL Draft, as well as two-time American League MVP Frank Thomas by two coachees for his dual-sport ability. Malone had Ohio State among his top 14 schools, and is considered the fourth-best defensive tackle in the 2021 class.
- According to a report by Eleven Warriors, Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei four-star linebacker Raesjon Davis, a current LSU commit, plans to visit Ohio State for a game in the fall, which could potentially open up the recruiting process for one of the Buckeyes’ lone remaining linebacker targets in 2021.
- Olathe (Kan.) Blue Valley North four-star athlete Dasan McCullough included Ohio State in his top 10 schools Wednesday. He is being looked at as an outside linebacker/safety hybrid player, and is currently ranked as the eighth-best athlete and No. 73 prospect overall in the 2022 class.
- Ohio State 2021 five-star offensive tackle target J.C. Latham announced on Twitter that he needs a commitment graphic, and indicated that a commitment is coming soon.
- Ohio State was included in Tampa (Fla.) Carrollwood Day 2021 four-star tight end Michael Trigg‘s top 10. Trigg is ranked as the No. 153 player overall and the No. 5 tight end in the 247Sports Composite.
- Miami (Fla.) Gulliver Prep 2022 four-star offensive lineman Julian Armella included Ohio State in his top 10. Armella is ranked in the 247Sports in-house rankings as the No. 127 player and No. 14 tackle in the 2022 class.
- 2022 Ohio State four-star cornerback commit Jyaire Brown announced on June 9 he will be transferring from New Orleans Warren Easton to West Chester (Ohio) Lakota West, where he’ll team up with 2022 four-star offensive tackle pledge Tegra Tshabola.
- Still awaiting an offer from Ohio State, 2022 Westerville (Ohio) South four-star athlete Kaden Saunders named a top seven of Arizona State, Indiana, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State, TCU and West Virginia on June 9.
- With his June 19 decision looming, Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei four-star cornerback Jaylin Davies has been trending toward Oregon. Though the Buckeyes made his final four, the Ducks now hold 93 percent of the 247Sports crystal ball predictions.
For four free issues of the now-monthly print edition of Buckeye Sports Bulletin, sign up at the link below. No credit card required: http://www.buckeyesports.com/subscribe-4issue-trial/