Countless Ohio State fans will be visiting Columbus this fall to watch their beloved Buckeyes attempt to march to another national title. To take the worry out of figuring out where to stay while you’re in town, Buckeye Sports Bulletin offers the following suggestions.
• If you want to be in the center of the action in Columbus, stay at the Courtyard Columbus Downtown, located at 35 W. Spring St. in the heart of downtown Columbus and just minutes from Ohio Stadium. The Courtyard Columbus Downtown is within walking distance to multiple restaurants, bars, theaters, shops and other entertainment, including Nationwide Arena, the Ohio Statehouse, the Palace Theatre, Columbus Commons, the North Market and the Scioto Mile. Its location is central to all the Columbus hotspots, including German Village, the Brewery District, the Short North Arts District and campus.
The Courtyard Downtown features Courtyard Terrace outdoor seating and an on-site bistro serving Starbucks and offering breakfast and dinner options for purchase. Relax in the indoor saline pool or whirlpool, or enjoy the 24-hour fitness center. The Courtyard offers complimentary wireless throughout the hotel, a 24-hour market and valet parking. Call (614) 228-3200 or visit www.marriott.com/cmhcy for reservations.
• The newly renovated Embassy Suites Columbus Dublin is located at 5100 Upper Metro Place, just minutes away from Ohio Stadium, off I-270. Each guest room is a spacious two-room suite with separate living and bedroom areas. Enjoy a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi and complimentary evening reception. Visit any one of the 150 restaurants within a five-mile area of the hotel and shop at Tuttle Crossing Mall. Call for reservations at (614) 790-9000 or (800) 220-9219.
• The Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus, located at 2700 Corporate Exchange Drive on the north side of Columbus, is a great option for Buckeye fans. All rooms are spacious suites with a microwave, mini fridge, wet bar and sleeper sofas. Relax in the casual on-site bar and restaurant, The Exchange, or enjoy drinks and snacks in the open-air atrium during the complimentary evening reception. Buckeye fans will love the spectacular block O in the eight-story atrium.
You won’t want to miss the complimentary hot breakfast buffet, and take advantage of free Internet and parking. The Embassy Suites Columbus is offering a 10 percent discount off the standard guest rate this season. Call (614) 890-8600 or visit www.columbus.embassysuites.com.
• The Fairfield Inn & Suites OSU is one easy mile from Ohio Stadium and the Schottenstein Center, at 3031 Olentangy River Road. With 165 guest rooms, they have one that is just right for you. They have an indoor swimming pool and a business center for your convenience. Relax at the Fillmore Lounge Tuesday through Saturday and enjoy the exercise room every day. Internet is free. Breakfast is free and be sure to try one of their Tuxedo Muffins to start to your day. Parking is free, and their shuttle is available Monday through Saturday within a five-mile radius of the hotel. Visit their website at www.marriott.com/CMHSU or call (614) 267-1111. Click or call today to reserve your stay.
• The Hampton Inn Columbus-Airport, located at 4280 International Gateway by John Glenn Columbus International Airport, is convenient to just about anywhere in Columbus. It’s just minutes from downtown and offers easy access to campus. Every stay includes free Wi-Fi in each room, a free hot breakfast and complimentary access to the gym/fitness center. Unwind after a long day working or sightseeing with a few laps in the outdoor pool or soothe tired muscles in the whirlpool. The Hampton Inn is so confident you’ll love the facilities and service that if you’re not 100 percent satisfied, you’ll get your money back. Call (614) 235-0717 or visit www.columbusairport.hamptoninn.com to find out more.
• Meanwhile, the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown is in the heart of Columbus’ vibrant core at 501 N. High St. Located in the Arena District and just south of the Ohio State campus, the Hampton Inn & Suites is within walking distance of the Short North, and there is no shortage of activities nearby. Guests are greeted by a beautiful rotunda, and amenities include in-room coffeemakers, irons and high-speed Internet, as well as 24-hour coffee service and a hot breakfast.
You’ll love the convenience of the Hampton’s valet parking. And be sure to take advantage of the indoor pool, exercise room, convenience store and business center. To find out more, call (614) 559-2000. Or visit www.columbusdowntownsuites.hamptoninn.com.
• For convenience and comfort, it’s hard to beat the Hampton Inn & Suites University Area, located at 3160 Olentangy River Road less than a mile from OSU. Unwind in a comfortable guest room or suite equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi, a 40-inch HDTV, a large work space and refrigerator. You can start each day with a free hot breakfast buffet, featuring hearty oatmeal and fresh waffles, or grab a free “Hampton’s On the Run Breakfast Bag.” Energize yourself in the 24-hour fitness center, or take a dip in the indoor pool.
To reserve your room or find out more, visit www.columbusuniversityareasuites.hamptoninn.com or call (614) 268-8700.
• The Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport is located just 10 minutes from shopping, museums and theaters and provides easy access to Interstate 270 and Interstate 670. The hotel is only two minutes’ drive from John Glenn Columbus International Airport and provides a complimentary airport shuttle service. The hotel provides on-site recreation such as swimming and a fitness center, and there’s even more fun nearby. Basketball and tennis courts, a walking trail and a driving range are within a few miles of the hotel. It’s just a short drive to downtown Columbus, where guests will enjoy entertainment, arts and dining, or to OSU for the big game. The Hilton Garden Inn features complimentary Wi-Fi and a 24-hour business center as well as a full-service restaurant on the property providing everything you need to make your stay successful.
The Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport is located at 4265 Sawyer Road near the airport. To find out more, visit www.columbusairport.stayhgi.com or call (614) 231-2869.
• The Hilton Garden Inn: Columbus-University Area at 3232 Olentangy River Road between Ackerman and North Broadway in Columbus wants to be your headquarters for OSU football this season. The Hilton Garden Inn offers 158 guest rooms with a host of conveniences to heighten your stay. Enjoy the full-service Garden Grill for breakfast or dinner and room service at night. Relax in the Pavilion Lounge or use the workout facility and heated indoor pool. The Pavilion Pantry convenience mart is open 24 hours, and valet and self-laundry are available.
Guest rooms feature the trademarked Garden Sleep System along with an oversized ergonomic chair. View the 32-inch flat-panel screen TVs, or use the complimentary high-speed Internet access. All rooms offer microwaves, refrigerators, coffeemakers, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards.
For reservation information call (614) 263-7200 or visit www.columbusuniversityarea.stayhgi.com.
• Treat yourself to a stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus-Dublin, located at 5400 Parkcenter Ave. in Dublin. Each room in the all-suite hotel features a kitchenette with a full-size refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and two-burner cook top, as well as a sleeper sofa in the living room area. Enjoy the complimentary buffet breakfast, Wi-Fi, outdoor sports court and grills, indoor pool and hot tub, fitness center and coin-operated laundry at the newly renovated hotel. Renovations are scheduled to be wrapped up in October
The Homewood Suites is convenient to Ohio Stadium and is within walking distance of a variety of restaurants and the Mall at Tuttle Crossing. Book in advance and save money through Hilton’s Advance Purchase promotions. Visit www.columbusdublin.homewoodsuites.com for details or call (614) 791-8675.
• The Marriott and Residence Inn Columbus University Area offer you the best of both worlds under one roof and are convenient to the events you want to be part of. Located at 3100 Olentangy River Road, the Residence Inn and adjoining Marriott are minutes from the Horseshoe and close to downtown and the Short North. At the Marriott University Area, deluxe guest rooms seamlessly blend comfort and function with signature bedding and modern amenities. Or visit the Residence Inn, an all-suite hotel featuring fully equipped kitchens and separate areas for living, working, dining and sleeping.
Treat yourself to a meal in the full-service MODA Restaurant and Bar in the Marriott hotel. MODA celebrates fashion and sports with fun presentations, local drafts, signature wine and specialty cocktails in a casual atmosphere. Both hotels are under one roof, so you can enjoy the Moda restaurant, lounge, pool, business center and fitness center. Take advantage of the free breakfast or have their Fresh Bites delivered to your room 24 hours a day.
The Marriott and Residence Inn are kid friendly and ready to afford you a comfortable stay. For reservations at the Marriott, call (614) 447-9777 or go online at osumarriott.com. Call the Residence Inn at (614) 261-7994 or visit www.residenceinnosu.com.
• Experience the new Renaissance Columbus Westerville-Polaris hotel. Embrace total comfort in spacious rooms and suites, well-appointed with contemporary amenities and deluxe bedding. Recharge and reconnect with a specialty cocktail at the lounge and restaurant with sweeping views of the natural surroundings. The Renaissance also features in-room dining, two fire pits, a pool, high-speed wireless Internet and complimentary parking.
Ideally located in Westerville, which offers a hometown feel while still being just minutes from everything that Columbus has to offer, the Renaissance Westerville is convenient to Polaris Fashion Center, Easton Town Center, downtown Columbus and Ohio Stadium. Call (614) 882-6800 or go online at www.renaissanewesterville.com.
• The Residence Inn Columbus Worthington at 7300 Huntington Park Drive is a recently renovated all-suite hotel offering studio and one- or two-bedroom suites with separate living and sleeping areas. Make your own snacks or meals with the fully equipped kitchen featuring microwaves and coffeemakers. Enjoy a complimentary breakfast buffet or social hour every Monday-Wednesday night. Guest facilities include an outdoor Sport Court, fitness room and lobby fireplace area. Begin or end your day with a relaxing swim in the outdoor pool.
The Residence Inn offers easy access to the OSU campus only minutes away. Call (614) 885-0799 or visit www.marriott.com/CMHRW today.
• Experience contemporary suites at the newly renovated SpringHill Suites Columbus OSU, perfectly situated between King Avenue and Fifth Avenue at 1421 Olentangy River Road (former spot of the Buckeye Hall of Fame Café). Ohio State University and the OSU Medical Center are just one mile and a few minutes away, and Ohio Stadium is a short walk from the hotel. All the excitement of the short North and downtown Columbus are minutes away as well.
The 136 suites offer separate areas for sleeping in airy beds and living areas with a new West Elm sleeper sofa with a twin trundle bed, work desk, ergonomic work chair, mini refrigerator and microwave, and the suite also features a 37-inch flat-screen TV with full cable. Free, hot buffet breakfast is included and the hotel has a full bar open from 5 p.m.-11 p.m., all days but Sunday.
Call for reservations at (614) 297-9912 or visit www.SpringHillSuitesOSU.com.
• The Varsity Inn South is also one of the closest hotels to the Horseshoe at 1445 Olentangy River Road and is adjacent to a Bob Evans restaurant. Plenty of other dining and shopping is within easy walking distance. Easily accessible from state Route 315, the hotel is just minutes from campus.
The Varsity Inn offers some guest rooms with microwaves and refrigerators. All guests can enjoy the in-room amenities such as high-speed wireless Internet, coffeemaker, ironing board and iron, and a work area with a desk and chair. For reservations, call (614) 291-2983 or visit www.varsityinn.com.