Recruiting Outlook: Ohio State Commits Announce Decision To Play In 2021 All-American Bowl, Offensive Guard Pledge Earns Fifth Star
Recruiting Outlook is a new weekly series on Buckeye Sports Bulletin designed to be your one-stop shop for all news related to the Ohio State football recruiting trail.
- Ohio State 2021 five-star running back commit TreVeyon Henderson committed to play in the All-American Bowl on May 9.
- Henderson was not pleased with Rivals recent list of five-stars, posting, ”No worries.. I just use it as motivation #GoHarder.”
- Cincinnati Roger Bacon 2021 running back Corey Kiner committed to LSU on May 11.
- Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy 2022 four-star running back Kaytron Allen spoke with Marc Givler about Ohio State running backs coach Tony Alford: “We always talk, me and the running backs coach, Coach Alford,” Allen said. “I think coach Alford is a great man. He always keeps it real. It seems like he cares about kids and their future. I don’t know a lot about Ohio State yet but hopefully this summer I’ll (learn more).”
- West Bloomfield, Mich., 2022 four-star running back Dillon Tatum picked up offers from Texas A&M, Wisconsin and Notre Dame.
- Littleton (Colo.) Valor Christian 2022 four-star running back Gavin Sawchuk received an offer from Texas Christian University
- Lewisville, Texas, 2022 wide receiver Armani Winfield received offers from TCU and Alabama.
- Del Valle, Texas, 2022 wide receiver Caleb Burton picked up offers from Notre Dame and Michigan.
- St. Louis Cardinal Ritter College Prep 2022 wide receiver Luther Burden received an offer from Florida State.
- Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei 2022 wide receiver C.J. Williams added offers from Baylor, Stanford, Duke and Ole Miss.
- Offensive guard commit Donovan Jackson made a big jump in the new Rivals top 250 player rankings, picking up a fifth star and moving into the No. 16 spot overall, up from No. 50. The change also moved him into a five-star spot in the 247Sports composite, where he now sits at No. 22 overall.
- Jackson wasn’t alone in receiving a Rivals ranking change. Offensive tackle commit Ben Christman dropped two spots to No. 74, one spot ahead of top tackle target J.C. Latham (two spot drop), while Kentucky guard Jager Burton fell from No. 149 to No. 158.
- Burton posted to his Twitter account that he’s getting closer to making a final decision, though he did clarify to Kentucky insider Larry Vaught that he wants to make official visits before making any final call.
- Five-star Virginia offensive tackle Tristan Leigh included Ohio State in his top 15.
- On May 11, Ohio State commit, Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy defensive end Tunmise Adeleye achieved five-star status in the new Rivals rankings, jumping up 29 spots from No. 44 to No. 15 in the rankings.
- Another Ohio State commit, Pickerington (Ohio) North defensive end Jack Sawyer, remained a five star in the Rivals rankings, staying at the No. 8 spot for the second straight rankings.
- Ohio State target, Sammamish (Wa.) Eastside Catholic defensive end J.T. Tuimoloau, was also ranked as a five star, staying at fourth overall in the rankings.
- On May 13, Ohio State sent an offer to Philadelphia (Pa.) Imhotep Institute four-star defensive end Enai White. White is ranked as the eight-best overall prospect and the top-ranked weakside defensive end in the 2022 class.
- Kernersville (N.C.) Glenn four-star defensive end Jahvaree Ritzie will announce his commitment on June 12. The 2020 end has narrowed his list to Georgia, North Carolina, Ohio State, South Carolina and Tennessee.
- On May 7, Ohio State offered Manvel, Texas three-star linebacker Justin Medlock, who currently ranks as the eighth-best inside linebacker in the 2022 class, according to 247Sports.
- Ohio State four-star cornerback commit Jakailin Johnson accepted his invitation to the All-American Bowl on May 12.
For four free issues of the now-monthly print edition of Buckeye Sports Bulletin, sign up at the link below. No credit card required: http://www.buckeyesports.com/subscribe-4issue-trial/