Recruiting Outlook: Five-Star Receiver Emeka Egbuka Sets Commitment Date, Quarterback Pledge Quinn Ewers Receives Ratings Bump
Recruiting Outlook is a weekly series on Buckeye Sports Bulletin designed to be your one-stop shop for all news related to the Ohio State football recruiting trail.
- Ohio State 2021 wide receiver target Emeka Egbuka, who is the No. 1 wideout in the country, set his commitment date for Dec. 11. Egbuka previously included Ohio State among his top schools along with Oklahoma and Washington, and he holds eight crystal ball predictions for the Buckeyes and one for the Sooners.
- 2021 Pickerington (Ohio) North five-star defensive end and Ohio State commit Jack Sawyer told Eleven Warriors that he feels like he is in a great spot health-wise with his official signing on the horizon. “I’d definitely say my explosion’s gone through the roof. I’m way more explosive and way faster than I’ve ever been in my life,” Sawyer said. “Whenever I run now, I feel way faster and my vertical’s closing in on 40 (inches). Everything explosive-wise, I’ve gotten so much better at.”
- 2022 Ohio State commit Quinn Ewers moved up to No. 1 on the Rivals rankings, and that in turn gave the Southlake (Texas) Carroll quarterback a perfect 1.0000 score and top spot in the 247Sports composite rankings. Ewers would be just the second quarterback in the modern recruiting era with a perfect score, joining Vince Young.
- After there was some talk about the potential stability of 2022 Kettering (Ohio) Archbishop Alter four-star linebacker C.J. Hicks, he took to Twitter to shut those down, saying “I’m a Buckeye stop the rumors.”
- 2022 Grosse Pointe (Mich.) South five-star cornerback Will Johnson will visit Ohio State on Dec. 12. He won’t be able to meet with the coaching staff due to the ongoing recruiting dead period, though.
For four free issues of the print edition of Buckeye Sports Bulletin, no card required, sign up at the link here: http://www.buckeyesports.com/subscribe-4issue-trial/