Ohio State Trustees, Investigators Decline Comment After Monday Meeting On Urban Meyer Findings
As a final decision on head football coach Urban Meyer lingers, what will Ohio State announce after its board of trustees and independent investigative team meet again?
After the six-member committee completed its investigation into Meyer, who remains on paid administrative leave since Aug. 1 in relation to how he handled allegations of former wide receivers coach and recruiting coordinator Zach Smith’s past domestic violence, it last gathered Monday with the 20-person board of trustees at Longaberger Alumni House on 2200 Olentangy Road in Columbus.
Over the course of the afternoon meeting, which evidently ended around 5 p.m. as board members and investigators exited the building and declined comment to several reporters in the parking lot, the committee revealed its findings to the board.
In a follow-up meeting scheduled for Wednesday at 9 a.m., they are set to gather again for a discussion on “personnel matters” related to Meyer.
“We’ll have things to say later,” trustee Alex Fisher told ESPN.
The university has not disclosed when Ohio State president Michael Drake and the board of trustees plan to announce a final decision. As required by Ohio law, the school must provide the public with 24 hours of notice prior to any formal meeting in which a final decision is made.
MORE ON THE STORY
- Ohio State Sets Meeting To Discuss Urban Meyer Situation
- What’s Next For Ohio State After Investigation?
- Investigation To Be Completed Sunday
- Ohio State President Michael Drake Comments On Meyer Investigation
- How Will Investigation End For Head Football Coach Urban Meyer, Ohio State?
- Zach Smith Meets With Ohio State Investigators
- OSU Investigative Team Meets With Courtney Smith
- REPORT: Zach Smith Arrested In 2013 For OVI
- Recent Revelations Won’t Impact Meyer’s Status
- Conflicting Reports From Snook, McMurphy Complicate Latest Smith Findings
- Reviewing The Zach Smith/Urban Meyer Situation
- Breaking Down Potential Resolutions To Meyer Investigation
- Lynn Bruce Says Courtney Smith Vowed To ‘Take Urban Meyer Down’ With Zach Smith
- Tennessee Jeff, Ezekiel Elliott’s Father Headline Urban Meyer Supporters At Ohio State Rally
- Courtney Smith’s Attorney Comments On Investigation, Says Ohio State ‘Never Contacted’ Her Client
- Meyer Investigation To Be Completed Within 14 Days
- Former OSU WR Coach Zach Smith Says AD Gene Smith Knew Of Allegations
- Meyer releases statement, explains actions
- Zach Smith CPO Hearing Postponed To September
- Meyer Placed On Paid Administrative Leave
- REPORT: Meyer’s Wife Knew Of 2015 Allegations Against Smith
- Ohio State Fires Zach Smith
[divider line_type=”Full Width Line” line_thickness=”2″ divider_color=”default”][nectar_btn size=”jumbo” button_style=”regular” button_color_2=”Accent-Color” icon_family=”none” url=”http://www.buckeyesports.com/boards/bsb-fan-forum/bot-meeting/” text=”Join The Conversation”]