Matchups For The Nine Ohio State Draftees In Their NFL Rookie Seasons
After a Thursday night matchup between the Kansas City Chiefs and Houston Texans, the NFL season is officially underway, which means the nine former Ohio State players who were selected in the 2020 NFL Draft are set to begin their rookie campaigns.
Here is the time and opponent for each of those nine rookies as they begin their careers at the next level.
- Quarterback Joe Burrow, a former Buckeye who ended up transferring to LSU and was the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, will lead the Cincinnati Bengals into a home matchup against the Los Angeles Chargers at 4:05 p.m. Sunday. The Bengals went 2-14 last season and the Chargers finished at 5-11.
- Wide receiver K.J. Hill, who fell to pick No. 220 in the seventh round, will be facing off against Burrow and the Bengals. Hill is joined by another former Buckeye in defensive end Joey Bosa.
- Defensive end Chase Young, the No. 2 overall pick for Washington Football Club, will be taking on the Philadelphia Eagles at 1 p.m. Sunday. Washington is coming off a 3-13 season and has another former Buckeye, Dwayne Haskins, as its starting quarterback. The Eagles finished 2019 with a 9-7 record.
- Cornerback Jeff Okudah, who was picked right after Young at No. 3, as well as defensive tackle Jashon Cornell, who was selected in the seventh round by the Lions, will both likely miss out on their debuts against the Chicago Bears. Okudah is dealing with a hamstring injury and is not expected to play, while Cornell suffered a severe leg injury in training camp that will cost him the entirety of the 2020 season.
- Cornerback Damon Arnette, the No. 19 overall pick, will debut for the Las Vegas Raiders in a 1 p.m. Sunday matchup against the Carolina Panthers. Arnette did have a thumb injury, but does not carry an injury designation into the matchup. The Raiders were 7-9 in 2019, and the Panthers were 5-11.
- A pair of Baltimore Ravens in running back J.K. Dobbins and linebacker Malik Harrison will be debuting against the Cleveland Browns at 1 p.m. Sunday. The Ravens had the best regular season record in 2019 at 14-2, while the Browns finished at 6-10.
- Defensive tackle DaVon Hamilton, a third round selection by the Jacksonville Jaguars, will be set to debut in a 1 p.m. matchup Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts. The Jaguars finished last season with a 6-10 record, just one win worse than the Colts, who finished 7-9.
- Offensive guard Jonah Jackson will be on the Lions when they take on the Bears at 1 p.m. Sunday. The Lions finished 2019 at 3-12-1, while the Bears finished at 8-8.
- Safety Jordan Fuller, who went at pick No. 199 in the sixth round, will debut for the Los Angeles Rams as they take on the Dallas Cowboys at 8:20 p.m. Sunday. The Rams, fresh off an NFC Championship in 2018, fell to 9-7 a season ago. The Cowboys went 8-8 and missed the playoffs.
For four free issues of the print edition of Buckeye Sports Bulletin, no card required, sign up at the link here: http://www.buckeyesports.com/subscribe-4issue-trial/