Hear From Ohio State Head Coach Ryan Day
Ryan Day addressed the media Sept. 18 for a rapid-fire press conference, just more than 48 hours away from its intrastate showdown with Miami (Ohio).
- We’ve done a few more 11-on-11 drills than in the past. Not an excessive amount, but it’s given us some good looks.
- Sophomore H-back Jaelen Gill is getting more opportunities. He has to step up with this opportunity.
- Other jobs? There was so much going on in the middle of the season. We love Ohio State and we were tired of moving around.
- Jordan Fuller: “He does everything the way you want your son to do it. If you had a daughter, you’d want her to marry him.”
- Tyreke suffered a new injury. He’s a big part of what we’re trying to do.
- Balancing toughness vs. mental health? “I don’t think those things are mutually exclusive.” It’s OK to ask for help; it’s OK if you’re struggling. We will get you help.
- We haven’t played four full quarters yet, so we need to see how we handle that. There are a lot of things we need to clean up.
- Holding back plays? Not really. Each game plan is so different. Game plan plays don’t always fit in every game.
- Okudah and Arnette? There’s confidence there. There’s belief in Jeff’s teaching. This is week three. We really want to get a whole season to evaluate.
- Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields and Joe Burrow having success as transfers? When you have a place like ‘Bama, Georgia or Ohio State, those are elite programs that they came from.
- Anytime we go against each other, that really helps things. Going good and good helps us. Iron sharpens iron.