Conflicting Reports From McMurphy, Snook Complicate Latest Smith Findings
Saturday afternoon reports from Jeff Snook and Brett McMurphy have painted contradictions in the latest developments regarding Zach Smith, the former Ohio State assistant football coach, and his ex-wife, Courtney Smith.
Snook, who authored four Ohio State football books and graduated from the university’s journalism school in 1982, published a Facebook post at 2:01 p.m. citing several anonymous sources, ultimately alleging that Texas head football coach Tom Herman tipped McMurphy to details on the relationship between Zach Smith and Courtney Smith, which includes allegations of Zach Smith’s past domestic violence.
McMurphy, meanwhile, reported in a Facebook post at 2:22 p.m. that Courtney Smith’s mother, Tina Carano, confirmed to him that she sent text messages to Zach Smith detailing his alleged abuse of Courtney Smith in 2014.
Previously, Snook had reported Thursday in a Facebook post how Carano told him through a text message interview that she was in agreement with Zach Smith’s mother, Lynn Bruce, that Zach Smith had never intentionally abused Courtney Smith. However, Carano’s phone interview with McMurphy, plus subsequent texts McMurphy said he obtained from Carano, contradict Carano’s initial quotes to Snook.
After both reports were published, McMurphy responded on Twitter to address Snook’s report, saying that Herman was not the source.
Through a spokesperson, Herman said Snook’s report was untrue.
Later in the afternoon, Bill Rabinowitz of the Columbus Dispatch reported that Zach Smith planned to meet Monday or Tuesday with the Ohio State independent board investigating head football Urban Meyer.
MORE ON THE STORY
- Reviewing The Zach Smith/Urban Meyer Situation
- Breaking Down Potential Resolutions To Meyer Investigation
- Lynn Bruce Says Courtney Smith Vowed To ‘Take Urban Meyer Down’ With Zach Smith
- Tennessee Jeff, Ezekiel Elliott’s Father Headline Urban Meyer Supporters At Ohio State Rally
- Courtney Smith’s Attorney Comments On Investigation, Says Ohio State ‘Never Contacted’ Her Client
- Meyer Investigation To Be Completed Within 14 Days
- Former OSU WR Coach Zach Smith Says AD Gene Smith Knew Of Allegations
- Meyer releases statement, explains actions
- Zach Smith CPO Hearing Postponed To September
- Meyer Placed On Paid Administrative Leave
- REPORT: Meyer’s Wife Knew Of 2015 Allegations Against Smith
- Ohio State Fires Zach Smith
[divider line_type=”Full Width Line” line_thickness=”2″ divider_color=”default”][nectar_btn size=”jumbo” button_style=”regular” button_color_2=”Accent-Color” icon_family=”none” url=”http://www.buckeyesports.com/boards/bsb-fan-forum/the-latest-twist/” text=”Join The Conversation”]